For some reason it won't let me put everything together, so I will just continue, you may need to read today's posts backwards...who knows!
James also had a birthday....he is now 9! I can't believe how quickly the time goes. He had a big sleep over birthday part and got a TON of presents. We had quite a few kids here I think around 10 or so. They were all on sugar highs and had a hard time going to sleep. But all in all they had a blast!! I didn't really take many pictures, Mike was at work and it was hard enough with that many kids to handle alone. I did get one of his cake and maybe a couple of his friends.
Marcus had a Kindergarten Graduation. It was fun! He was in an all day class this year and we loved it! He learned so much and is already reading much better than most 1st graders. It was a smaller class, only 19 kids in his class and 16 out of the 19 recieved benchmark which means that they can read at or above grade level. We are all proud of him.
James went to day camp with scouts. He loves scouts and has a lot of fun there. We let him buy a pocket knife this year....he thinks it is really cool.
Today is the first day of school for Marcus and James. Fortunatly they are on the same track this year so it will make things much easier. James is in a gifted 4th/5th grade split and he was extremly nervous that he would be in with the 5th graders this year. His teachers name is Mrs. Hall. Marcus has all of his friends from church in his class, he wasn't really nervous just excited to go to school. His teachers name is Mrs. Simons. He is also in the gifted class. JuliAnna starts school next Tuesday and school starts for Mike on the 11th of August.....I should feel left out, but I don't! Obviously the dates on these pictures are wrong! I need to fix that.

Mike starts a new job next week. Hires called him and offered him a job. This will be such a good opportunity. Right now he is working 70 hr weeks plus school. This job will allow him to work a 40 hr work week and will pay him what the other 2 jobs together were paying him. It will be so nice to have a husband again! He will be working nights, which will be a bummer, but at the same time he is already working 4 nights a week now so it will only be 1 more but he will be home during the day and will be able to concentrate more on school. He only has 5 more classes. He will graduate in March. And we can't wait!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment