So today I went to breakfast with one of my friends. It was so much fun. She & I work together, but since we both work from home, we never see each other. She is such an amazing woman! We sat there and talked for 3 hours. It is kind of nice to not always be mommy. I love being a mom more than anything in the world, but more often than not, I don't get to be just me and not have to worry about anything else.
My sister has been staying with us for the past few nights. I know it has been totally uncomfortable for her, but it has been kind of nice to have her around. We don't always see eye to eye on things, but it was really nice to sit and talk about everything and be able to understand where she is coming from and she can see where I am coming from. Her husband has been in the hospital for 7 weeks now. He had all sorts of things go wrong and at the beginning, we weren't sure if he was even going to make it. She has a severely autistic son, who has been quite destructive to her home. Her ward has come in and painted her entire house, and also replace the flooring throughout her house. They have helped her clean it from top to bottom and they are even replacing some of the furniture that has been destroyed. It always amazes me how through some of our toughest trials, we are so thoroughly blessed.
I am getting excited for Christmas. I almost, and I say almost because I am not going to do this yet, but I almost want to put up my lights and tree! Only a few more weeks and I will feel like I can.
3 months ago
2 comments:
I would love to go out to lunch with friends today and not be Mommy for a couple of hours! I happy you had that chance! I am so happy to hear the church is helping your sister in her time of need! I am glad that he is coming home how scary for your family. We have been praying for him.
I sounded so under educated in my last post sorry!
Post a Comment