Time flies by so fast! We've been super busy this last month. I don't remember ever nesting before with any of my pregnancies, but I think I'm more than making up for it with this one. I can't seem to get my house under control fast enough.
We've had to move the kids around in rooms. Last year we bought the kids full size beds, which seemed like a great idea at the time, but try fitting 2 of those in one of the little rooms that we have so the boys can share! Doesn't work too well. We moved the boys into JuliAnna's old room. Needless to say, they didn't like the pink & purple paint with princess wall paper so we had to paint. We tried to incorporate both of their favorite colors in the room so we painted the walls blue and we were going to put green & dark blue geometric shapes on the wall. So we taped off all of these squares, painted them and then peeled off the tape and what happens....the paint peeled off all the way down to the primer. So we figured we used the wrong type of tape, put on primer, repainted the base color, used the blue painters paint, taped off the shapes again, taped again & then painted. We had such high hopes...peeled off the tape, and it peeled the paint off all the way to the primer! I wanted to cry. So, we finally decided to paint the walls blue and call it quits! I usually love to paint, but between my job, my dad and being pregnant, it has been a huge chore to get it done.
We got JuliAnna's new "princess" room done. We took James's old room, which was space themed with the darkest blue we could find on the ceiling and hundreds of glow in the dark stars stuck to the ceiling, and painted it a very light purple. Got her a really pretty bed frame with a canopy as well as made her a little vanity table. She absolutely loves her princess room.
I have to get batteries for the camera and then I will post pictures. We're really proud of the way they turned out. Now we need to do some touch ups in the baby's room and it will be done. But I still have to redo my family room & kitchen and do some touch up paint in the kid's bathroom. I've got less than 5 weeks until Marcus's baptism and it is my goal to have it all done by then! I'm driving Mike crazy, but I can't help it...good thing he loves me ;)
We got through the primary program! It is always such a relief for that to be over. It went really well.
Conference was really good this time. I actually watched/listened to all 4 sessions and we were able to get the boys to listen to 2 of them. JuliAnna was really sick this weekend, so she was in bed a good portion of the weekend. She still isn't feeling well, poor baby! I hate it when they are sick.
My dad is finally home! Yeah! He still has some paralysis problems, but he is getting along pretty well. It has been a huge adjustment for him, and it was one that he wasn't expecting so he is having some depression problems, but he makes huge improvements everyday.
Baby is doing well. I went to the doctor last week and had a 7 cm growth. My dr. was a little concerned because that has never happened with me before so he sent me in to get a ultrasound. I love those! The technology has improved so much over the last 10 years. We found out that the baby is a normal size, but he is still in the breech position, so his head is way high and that is why it seems like I had such a growth spurt. We actually saw the hair on his head during this ultrasound....amazing!
Mike is doing good in school, 9 more classes and he'll have his master's degree. Things get a little stressful between our jobs, school, and other family issues, but we are going along and doing pretty good. We are getting excited for the new baby. I'm getting a little scared though, it's been so long since we've had baby around, it's a little nerve racking to start over.
I think that's about all that's happened this last month. The kids have been off track but go back tomorrow, we are looking forward to that, they're not!
3 months ago
2 comments:
I'm glad things are calming down for you a little bit. Congrats on the exciting new bedrooms. Hope this last couple of months go quickly for you.
Wow you guys have been busy!! That's great you guys have gotten so much done tho with the bedrooms. Sounds like fun!
Post a Comment