James was asked to speak in church today. I think he did a great job! He was incredibly nervous, but made it through without any problems. He really struggled to write it since it was his first talk in sacrament meeting, but he did it by himself. I thought it would be fun for him to put his talk on here, so here it is.....
My talk is on friends. In the Strength of Youth pamphlet, the first and second paragraph in the friends section it says: "Choose your friends carefully. They will greatly influence how you think and act, and even help determine the person you will become. Choose friends who share your values so you can strengthen and encourage each other in living high standards. A true friend will encourage you to be your best self.
"o have good friends, be a good friend yourself. Show interest in others and let them know you care about them. Treat everyone with kindness and respect. Go out of your way to be a friend to those who are shy or do not feel included."
In the first paragraph it talks about choosing your friends carefully. Those are the ones that share the same values, which is respecting each others beliefs. Such as, I have friends that swear, but they respect my beliefs so the don't swear when I'm around.
In the second paragraph it talks about how to be a good friend and how to have good friends. To have good friends is it be a good friend and how you do that is by letting your friends know that you care about them. Treat everyone with kindness and respect. Include the shy or not included. I had a friend named Caleb and he has Autism as well as a physical handicap that causes him to walk slower and different. I showed him kindness and in a couple of days we were friends.
In Alma 17:1-2 it says: "And now it came to pass that as Alma was journeying from the land of Gideon southward, away to the land of Manti, behold, to his astonishment, he met with the sons of Mosiah journeying towards the land of Zarahemla. Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him: Therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God".
Before that scripture the sons of Mosiah they were preaching to the Lamanites so they prayed that they wouldn't be hurt. That is why he was amazed that his friends were still alive.
I had a friend that moved away and then he came over one day and I was really happy to see him.
I want to bear my testimony. I believe that this church is true and I know that friends will help you be good and help you stay with what you believe in.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
3 months ago
1 comment:
He really did do a great job. I'm not even his mother and I was beaming. What a great kid.
Post a Comment