Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Elizabeth Marie Daley

Elizabeth made her appearance at 10:05 pm on September 24, 2012. I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes around 31 weeks, and the doctor was very worried that she was going to be a 9 pound baby so after my checkup yesterday, he wanted me to get induced right away. We got to the hospital about 11:30 and got checked in. We started potion about 1 and it was very slow moving. By 7ish, I still hadn't progressed at all, and I was up as high as could be on the medicine. My wonderful doctor came by about then and broke my water, and it was then that things started to progress. I got my epidural, (cuz I'm a wuss), about 8, and that is when the fun began! My body doesn't handle those very well and I got very sick. Usually I can bounce back after a bit, but this time I just couldn't shake it. I had a wonderful nurse that knew the exact things to do though and she was able to get me into the correct positions to help our little baby work her way out. By 9:30 I was dilated to a 7 and I called my mom and told her to get to the hospital because the time was coming soon. Not too long later, my doctor walked in and we were ready to deliver our newest addition. The cord was wrapped around her neck, but everything else went great and was a very easy delivery. She weighed 7 pounds 12 ounces and 18 inches long. Fortunately she wasn't the 9 pound baby my doctor was worried about us having.
 
Jake meeting his new sister. He has been terrified of babies, so we weren't sure what he was going to think, but by the end of the day, he was kissing and holding her.

James meeting Lizzy

Miss JuliAnna meeting her sister that she claims she isn't happy about having, (we all know the real truth)

Marcus meeting Lizzy

1 comment:

Melissa DeMoux said...

Oh, Angela, you have such a beautiful family! Im so glad she is here and safe and happy (and that you made it through in one piece). Congratulations.