The last week was super busy!! It started off with a trip to Cornbelly's. Marcus has been wanting to go there for his birthday for YEARS, and we finally did it! We took him and 3 of his good friends along with James and one of his friends and of course, JuliAnna and Jake. The kids had a blast! It was a really fun time, except I think that both Marcus and James are a little too old for it.
Next was Elizabeth's blessing day. Our friend June made her beautiful dress. I was thinking as I was getting her dressed for this day that there are 3 occasions where mothers get to dress their daughters all in white, their Blessing, Baptism, and Wedding day. Each one of these days has such a special meaning and such a special spirit around it and I am so glad that I have the opportunity to be a mom to 2 beautiful daughters.
Here's our beauty after the blessing. She is growing so fast it's almost unfair! I have had so much fun not working and savoring every special moment with her and the other kids. I am dreading November 5, when I have to get back to real life again :(
| Grandma Daley, Lizzy and Daddy |
Next we celebrated Marcus' 11th birthday by going to Tepanyaki with both sets of grandparents and Uncle Matt and Shylo.
| The birthday boy is hiding in this picture |
| James and Marcus up to no good :) |
| JuliAnna and Shylo |
We had a really fun week last week. Mike's parents came for a visit for a few days, and they are some of the nicest people that you could ever meet. We are so grateful for them and we enjoy every time they get the opportunity to come down and visit.
Marcus also got his Arrow of Light
and is now out of Cub Scouts and onto Boy Scouts. It was a really cool
ceremony. The guy that normally does the Arrow of Light ceremonies for our ward
was unavailable, so we tried someone new & he was awesome!! He lit Marcus'
scarf on fire, yet it didn't burn it. Marcus almost didn't earn this award, but
we worked our tails off the last month and were able to complete all the
requirements on time! I feel horrible though because I didn't get any
pictures!!! I am the bear leader and trying to get everything else in order and
then be the mom of the scout, it slipped my mind :(
No comments:
Post a Comment