Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dinner's Served

I hate to cook! Ever night I hear "Mom, what's for dinner" I cringe! A few weeks ago, I decided to remedy that, and now, I only have to cook 2 nights a week :)

I decided it's time the kids learn how to cook. James could be going on a mission in 4 1/2 years and he needs to be prepared, right?

So each kid got to choose a favorite meal and I started teaching them how to cook it. As soon as they've mastered that meal, they get to choose a different one to learn how to cook.

This week, I've started to see the payoff. Monday, Marcus mastered Pizza. I didn't have to lift a finger. Tuesday, James mastered pasta! I always visit with our piano teacher on Tuesday nights when I pick the kids up. Last night I came home to dinner sitting on the table!

JuliAnna is learning how to make Tacos, Spanish Rice, and Beans. This one is a bit more difficult, and she's younger, so I expect it will take her a few more weeks before she's got it mastered, but she is doing a great job!

I love that they are learning skills to prepare them for life, and that it takes just a bit of stress off of me:)

James has also learned to make brownies from scratch! I have to stop him from making them too often, because they are so delicious, I can't stop eating them!