*Read scriptures and say my prayers. I have never been one to be good at either of those. I finally read the Book of Mormon last year for the first time in my life. I don't think that I would have done it, but we challenged the primary kids to do it, and if they can do it so can I. I am also really learning the power of prayer with my calling. I think that this is one of the lessons I need to learn from this calling.
*Go to the temple at least once a month.
*Loose weight. Yes that is a resolution that I make every single year. Mike and I have been trying to have a baby for more than a year now. My doctor says it is because of my weight. I have always been big, but I have done nothing but put on weight for the last 3-4 years and I am bigger now than I have ever been. My doctor said he could give me some fertility drugs, but I don't feel like I should do those until I give my all into loosing weight. So I am giving my self 6 months, obviously not to loose all the weight, but to stay focused and loose some, at that point I will reassess where I am and maybe see about fertility drugs. So here are my goals to achieve this one.
- Exercise 5 days. The way I am going to track this is by miles walked and when I get better I am going to start running. My goal for the first month is 15 miles a week. So that will be 45 miles for the month of January. I do plan on upping this each month.
- Join Weight Watchers yet again, but this time, stick with it!
- Pray, this may seem like a silly thing to pray for, but with God all things are possible.
- Work for this with my wonderful husband.
- Not sabotage myself or him. I am going to put forth a good effort!
*I am in no way ready to write down that horrible number that I am at on the scale, but I do plan to update my blog weekly with how much I am loosing. Maybe, knowing that a few people care how I am doing will give a little more motivation. I will not be starting actively on this one until January 12th. Mike has surgery next week and we want to join WW together.
*Finances. My goal this year is to pay off enough debt so that Mike can quit Red Lobster.
*Food storage. Many of you know my feelings on Obama as our next president. I know that I freaked a few of you out with these feelings of mine. But, my goal for 2009 is to get at least a 1 month food storage and $1000 in savings by the end of this year. As well as 72 hour kits for each of my family. That isn't a whole lot, but it is a start and defiantly something that is achievable.
*Paint my room. I have lived in my home for 5 1/2 years now. My kid's rooms have all been painted, along with their bathroom. I am going to paint my room this year!
*Be a better mom. This is one that I am really going to work at. I am a yeller! I am making it my goal not to yell anymore. There is a blog that I read where he put that he hasn't yelled in 20 years. How would that be? This is one that I am sure I will mess up on along the way, but I am really going to work at this one.
That is about all for now. Wish me luck!!
5 comments:
I think those are fantastic goals! Scott and I have similar ones actually. We hope to get pregnant this year but there is no way we can with our current health and finances. I'm also really bad with scripture reading and saying prayers, you are not alone! :) I know you will do great with everything!
Such great goals! You are going to have a great year!
Great Resolutions! www.shelfreliance.com is a great resource to get your started on your preparedness goals!!Also, if you use code save15 you can save 15% at checkout. Good luck!!
Ang, I have lost 30 lbs since the summer, I felt like you that I had done nothing to again the weight, but that is the problem. I had done nothing to lose it either. The two biggest changes I have made are my snacking and sugar. I haven't cut them out completly I just have to be smarter about how I do it. And for me exercising is easy, but then I just justify what I'm eaning by telling myself it's okay I exercised. So this time around I decided to get control of my diet then worry about the exercising. I will also say the prayer is a big help. My grandpa's dying wish to me was that I get healthy and I truly believe that I'm getting help from above.
Good Luck! I hope this helps.
Great goals, you reminded me that I need to set a few for myself and haven't done that. You really are wonderful. Thanks for all that you do for my kids. reptes
Post a Comment