Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Starting Over?

Many of you know Mike and I were trying for a very long time to have another baby. I was absolutely shocked when I took the test the other night and it was positive. I had to take 2 just to make sure that is was real. We weren't going to tell anyone, because it is still early, and there is always the chance for miscarriage, but both of us were just too excited not to say anything. I know that there is the chance that I will miscarry, but hopefully I won't have to cross that bridge. As of right now, my due date is Nov. 26. Thanksgiving day. I don't think I am quite that far along though. I have my first appt. on May 11 and will know more about it then.

We decided just to tell the kids. We even swore them to secrecy, but, I can't keep a secret like that when I am so excited about it. We are all so excited. After we told them Marcus very gently, barely touching me came up to hug me and said, I don't want to hurt the baby. All they can talk about is the baby. Last night, Marcus wrote me all these cute notes, When will we buy the crib, and when we will buy the baby's clothes, and he drew a picture of both boy & girl clothes. Do you want a boy or a girl? He just kept going on. We found a cute web site that shows the stages of what the baby looks like and how big it is. We went through all 42 pictures and then he wanted to start all over again. First thing JuliAnna said this morning is, Mom, how big is the baby today.

With all the excitement, comes fears too. I haven't been through this in 6 years! By time the baby comes, JuliAnna will almost be 6. I also am probably the most unhealthy that I have ever been in my life. We did really good on Weight Wathcers for a while and then when we went on our trip, all things got blown out the window and we hadn't completely gotten back on the bandwagon! Why is loosing weight so hard? We have decided that during this pregnancy, there will be no excuses. Good food choices only! I know I can't loose weight, but I don't have to gain it either.

Anyway, we are more excited that I can say. Thank you all for your well wishes! If you think about it, please keep us in your prayers!

8 comments:

Tristy said...

Congratulations! You have such a great family.

Melissa DeMoux said...

I really am so very excited for you. I know what you mean about the kids, ours are thrilled every week to see the pregnancy by-th-week pictures of the growing baby. Hope you don't get sick or anything, but congratulations!!!

Crystal Eldredge said...

I am so happy for you and your decision to want more babies! Having children and wanting them is one of the most righteous desire a woman can have!

Kristy said...

I am the same as you. When I get pregnant I tell anyone who will listen. How are you feeling? I hope you aren't sick or too tired. It is probably inevitable, but there is always hoping!

Daley Family said...

Actually I am really lucky. I don't really seem to get morning sickness. I have been a little more queasy this time around, but nothing really debilitating. I am a little worried though, I have to go on a business trip in a couple weeks and have to fly. I am not a good flyer as it is, so hopefully I don't embarass myself while I am on the plane :)

average american said...

congratulations!!! take lots of pictures and post them so I can see you growing since I won't see you so often anymore. I'm happy for you and your family.

Losee family said...

i am so happy for you. you are due around violets birthday. hers is november 25. I know what it is like to start over. I was so scared, Mabel is almost 5 so Mine are just a little closer, but it is so wonderful. I too have to tell everyone so I got ya there. It is best that way because if something were to go wrong, you will have support. I love ya. Congrats.

Green River High School said...

Oh my gosh!!! I'm so excited!!! Your kids are so adorable so I say keep on making babies :)
Let us know if you need anything!
P.S. Glad you found our blog! It's nice to see what people are up to since we have no time to really talk at church!