I knew something was wrong during the Echo, the radiologist didn't say a word and neither did any of the nurses. After we were done, we were told that the doctor needed to talk to us as soon as Jake was out of recovery from the anesthesia. When she walked in the room with a diagram of the heart, and asked us if we knew how the heart worked, I knew for sure that we were looking at something that was not going to be fun. Today we found out that our little guy is going to need surgery on his heart. The official name is Coarctation of the Aorta. Basically, his Aorta valve has a narrowing in it that is causing his heart not to work properly. They will have to go in and cut the narrowing out of the aorta and then sew the two ends back together. He will be in the hospital for about a week and after the surgery & recovery he should life a normal life without medications and no restrictions, so the end result will be good. We are told that as far as heart surgeries go, this one is a pretty easy one with not too many risks. We don't have a date yet, but it will be within the next 4-6 weeks.
While this is not going to be easy, I have a very good feeling that everything is going to turn out ok. If you think about it, we could use all the extra prayers that anyone is willing to offer. Again, we'll keep you updated as things progress.
3 comments:
Oh, Angela. I am so sorry. I wish everything was perfect, but I'm glad it's a less major heart problem than it could be. Let me know if we can do anything to help (watch the kids, bring in dinner, carpool). We love you guys and will keep you in our prayers.
You will absolutely be in my prayers! That sounds scary, but I am so glad that it will be a solution for life and that there aren't too many risks. Your kids are just so, so, so cute!!! Hang in there!
that is so scarey Angela! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Please keep us updated!!
Post a Comment