Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jake's Surgery

We feel so blessed by how quickly Jake recovered from his surgery. We were told 5-7 days up at the hospital and we only spent 3. Thanks to all of you that thought about us and prayed for him during this time.

Here's Jake waiting for the surgeon. This was before he had any anesthesia. We were able to give him a type of Valium so that he didn't cry when the anesthesiologist took him back. He was so funny, he was laughing at everything.

Here's my little man after surgery. Shortly after this picture was taken, his drainage tube fell out, and we had a bit of a scare with his blood pressure and heart rate, but they were able to get him calmed down.

This is Jake on Thursday night. He finally woke up around 6:45. (His surgery ended at 10:00am) He was really puffy because of all the fluid in his body. He was alert and in a pretty good mood.

Here's my little man on Friday morning. Not even 24 hours after the surgery, he was smiling and somewhat playing with us.

Showing you one of his many many tubes that was sticking out of him.

 

Saturday evening he couldn't handle being in the crib anymore. He was actually running circles in the crib and constantly pulling out his monitor leads.

So they put on a backpack and let him go play. He had a blast. Primary Children's Hospital is an awesome place. No one wants to be there, but they make it so nice for the kids. Not just the ones that are sick, but the whole family. They play room always had a craft for all the kids to do.

Here he is sporting some of his many monitors.

HELP!!!! I'M BORED :P

Happy Father's day daddy, I get to come home.

This is his incision and the little dot underneath is where they put the drainage tube.

2 comments:

sheri said...

Oh Angela I am soo happy he is home now! I love the little time we were at PCMC too They are soo awesome up there! I am happy Jake is healing so quickly! xo

Melissa DeMoux said...

I'm so glad things have gone so well! It is nice that you are home already. You're right, PCMC is amazing!